Friday, September 7, 2012

Success!

This has been many years coming, but finally my wonderful husband has his first moose. I can only laugh at the expression he wears, a mix of jubilation and shell shock, lol 


Yes, it is only a spike, but they do make for wonderful eating. The yield may not be great but the experience he had, and the amazing amount of knowledge he gained, will last much longer than the tender steaks and burger we are sure to enjoy this winter. 






I'd share the long story of how this born Alaskan ended up taking 50 years to bag his first moose, but that is a private story that best remain so. I just know that I have high regard for the man who gave him the opportunity, and who is freely teaching him the many things a person needs to know when hunting up here. 

Thank you, Owen, for providing the opportunity and for teaching him the ropes. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have no idea how much this means to us both. And I must extend my appreciation to Trudy as well, for her warm and generous hospitality.  Thank you both for everything. I owe you ;)

No comments: