Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yay! A little rain :)


It was raining lightly at home last night, which allowed us to get into the garden safely (as in, no bees!) at last. We stripped the peas that were ready, and checked over everything else closely. I can see that next year, I sure need to grow more peas and carrots after watching my son munch away nonstop. At this rate, I won't have one decent sized carrot left in a 20 foot row ;)

Pulled a few more cucmbers, and have been reading up on making my own dill pickles. I have not made any on my own, but years ago I did help someone else, so I needed a refresher. Allow me to share a very nice resource for anyone who is intimidated by the thought of putting up produce:

www.pickyourown.org

There is a link on the right hand side of the page for canning and pickling. Easy to read and understand, this website provides solid information and step by step instructions on almost everything-and even includes what utinsels will be needed for each recipe.

I've had this one bookmarked for quite a while, and with Putting Food By and the Ball Blue Book I don't think there is much I can't process........still looking for a creamed soup one though!

Enjoy!

No comments: