Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Meanwhile..........



As all this goat world stuff does not get resolved, the world continues it's journey around the sun, Alaska Mini Goat Cache proclaimed President Rayna Fritcher has done.........



......exactly nothing. If called on it, she is sure to say that any communication must be submitted in writing at the specified address, blah blah blah. I think I will file small claims tomorrow, just because no one else has the balls to do anything. Sometimes you just gotta make a point, you know? And if you can't figure out what that is, I can't help you because you are too far on the left side of the Bell curve, or a happy tool of Heather Fair, whichever.


Meanwhile, things are happening around the place. The garden has taken off, and I am pretty happy with how things look despite the late plant. I have zucchini all over, cabbages are trying to set heads, the brussel sprouts have tiny peas on them, and the broccoli is heading. It's time to tie up the sweet peas and hill the spuds. I have an embarrassing amount of swiss chard that looks gorgeous, plus many baby cucumbers in the greenhouse-and yes, we've snarfed up the big ones already, lol The salad bowls have been wonderful to have at hand and I will definitely repeat that next year. The corn is shorter than I would like but that's my own fault. I didn't think to get them off the cold ground until about a week ago. I have many green tomatoes, and hundreds of flowers so I am sure to end up with quite a haul over the next six or eight weeks.

We got the apple trees planted and while I was concerned about one of them for a while, it now seems that they will survive transplanting. All three have tiny itty bitty baby apples on them! I still haven't figured out where to plant the honey berries, or the thornless raspberry starts, or the strawberries.....but I'll come up with something I am sure. The three rhubarb have settled in happily and have many baby leaves too....although truthfully they are darned hard to kill anyway.

This week I am getting a new Orpington rooster, selling my Yokohamas, and getting in a dozen meat chicks. I may also be picking up some colored Orpingtons-they are in short supply so I can't be positive on being able to snag onto those chicks at the coming swap meet. I have to keep in mind the turkey chicks coming next month also, so I am about to be up to eyeballs in little cheepers :)

All in all, it's been a very productive few weeks!

1 comment:

natty threads said...

Yowza-

What a killer week, TJ.

That is super-fabulous garden news.

Sometimes you just have to take a stand and make a point.

At least then there will be a court record.

Bless!