Friday, August 31, 2007

Rave of the Day


Just had to share a small brag, since I seldom get the opportunity.


I hadn't ever considered entering anything in the State Fair before, although I have surely enjoyed taking a look at the many exhibits every year. This year, I hadn't really given my garden the attention it deserves, being wrapped up in horses and hay. So it has pretty much been neglected and could double as a weed patch, lol But in the back I had planted some dill, since I do use it in pickling and cooking pretty regular. Sure enough, it got pretty danged tall, even began leaning due to the weight of the heads.


A friend offered to enter a stalk into the Fair for me, as she was going to enter a slew of her own stuff too. I thought, well what the heck, can only lose........right?


Wrong!


I won first place, hahaha! So there it is, towering over the giant cabbages!




No comments: