Saturday, April 23, 2011

Come on, more sun!

A rather gloomy day outside, and here I am-working away inside. Unfortunately, the household chores just don't magically do themselves. Between baking and laundry, I have been working away at filling more flats with little bitty growing things. By the time this is done, I am going to need a chiropractor for my darned neck, haha!

The round pen area has dried enough to use, but snow remains in the shady spots and the berms that are slowly melting. If we could just have a week of sunshine, I think we'd be pretty much dried up.....at least enough to give some attention to the lawn. As it is, we still have rivulets across the drive in several spots-carefully tended to take the excess away as quickly as possible. Every vehicle we've moved is that well known "break up" color, and there isn't much point in washing them either.

While we're waiting to see evidence of buds on the birch trees, I am trying not to pay attention to events in Japan, what's happening in Congress, and what our joke of a legislature is (not) doing. I am trying not to panic over the rapidly increasing freight rates, grocery prices, and of course, fuel. I am trying not to become upset over any of it.....because right now, dealing with those baby plants is doing my teeny tiny bit to help folks cope with inflation. I even amaze myself at the quantity of food those flats represent :)

Over 125 flats delivered, with more to go today!

No comments: