Saturday, November 1, 2008

Providence provides :)


It just takes faith.

Yesterday morning, I was beyond despondent when the one possible solution for Chubs evaporated. I do completely understand the pressure I inadvertently applied to the other person, honest I do. Taking in a strange horse and an old one at that, is a big thing, and one should not jump into these situations willy nilly and then regret a hasty (if not downright emotional) decision on down the road. Kudos to this person for even considering it! Many horse owners won't, they don't want the responsibility, the stress, the hassle, the work. It's easier to squirm and blurt out no, trust me, lol

Of course I never seem to have these "second thoughts" before I step foward and open up my heart to them, haha Which is how I ended up with Chubs in the first place ;)

So, I put up yesterday's entry and pretty much mentally beat myself into a meltdown at work. I knew I needed to call the vet before 10 am, to firm up the appointment. At that moment, I could not think of any solution that wouldn't break the bank-if I could find a boarding situation willing to take him on in the first place due to his behavior issue. And since most places have very small paddocks (absolutely the wrong situation for him) I was just stumped.

On a whim I signed into chat, looking to vent some emotion with a friend. Not many people online at that hour of the day, but one such was....and that friend reminded me of a possibility. I immediately picked up the phone of course....and voila!

Success! Chubs has new digs. He isn't there yet, as he gets hauled tomorrow, but I am thrilled that the Chubster gets another reprieve!

So yesterday afternoon was filled with a flurry of phone calls and planning out what needs doing. Have to go through all the blankets and find one that fits him better. Have to load up some feed to take along and a bit of my imported hay. Have to get the haul arranged. And etcetera :)

You know, Chubs was about 20 minutes from the point of no return yesterday morning.

Again, providence stepped in and he was granted another opportunity in the nick of time.

Maybe I should just call him Nick?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing! I just logged in expecting the worst. Cringing as I typed. That's wonderful, tj! What was the unique and perfect idea?

Vic

suvalley said...

Well, you know how sometimes you can sort of have a blank when it comes to a topic? Heck I have lived here in the Valley since the early 80s. I know just about every boarding place there is-and if I don't know personally who is running it, I know generally what sort of place they have.

Many of the nicer facilities have pretty small attached paddocks. I knew from reports this summer, that a lot of movement was crucial to Chubs' continued health and pasture soundness-just one more reason he could not come home-my paddocks are too narrow for his poor stiff (and fused) joints to handle.

But the chat reminded me of a recent acquaintance I had made just a couple months ago. I recalled the description of the place and knew instantly that it would be perfect for Chubs. All it took was a phone call and we worked it out-the owners are very compassionate people-and I surely welcome them into the horse community :)

Of course his journey there was rather eventful, but that is another blog entry :)

Original L said...

Yay! Chubs really has amazing luck... He should be grateful :-)

By the way, congrats on the new mare!