Monday, December 22, 2008

Paying it forward


In the spirit of my earlier idea, I have decided to "pay it forward" a little bit, to a person in our small horse community.

My wonderful hub knows a retired gentleman who is on a fixed income. The man has two horses, and can only purchase small quantities of hay at a time. I have asked my hub to load up a half ton of hay, and haul it over to the man. Nope, I have no idea where he lives, but I am sure my hub can find out from someone. Since we are having such a miserably long cold snap, I am sure those two horses are needing extra hay, wouldn't you think? And I will have him take a good look around and see what else he might be needing.....I have some other supplies to spare-blankets, stock tank heaters and the like.

For some reason, the idea of giving to someone I don't know at all, seems appropriate.

Giving to others by paying it forward -

I can't think of a better thing to do for Christmas, can you?

No comments: