Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Changes


Ok, so it is not officially spring yet-but close! Last night was the daylight savings time change over (and a foolish thing for us Alaskans to do with our 5 plus min. gain of sunlight daily) and I spent the first ten minutes awake here, trying to figure out what time it really was, lol

But a lot of changes happening here......

My cousin, the mooch, has moved on to new territory. You know you are not a very good person when your own mother describes you as a lazy freeloader, right? But anyhow, off he went, leaving only one small box of stuff (and a lot of bad feelings) behind. Way too complicated and personal to mention here, but suffice to say, I am glad he left. This has proved to be a miraculous boost to the overall morale here at home though!

I have peppers and tomatoes up in the pantry, yippee! Today we need to move things around to get ready for the "big plant" in about ten days. My lobelia did not hardly germinate, darn it, but that's okay as I am not sure I would have room for the flats.....my pansy seeds have not arrived so another friend placed a rush order for replacement, I can't wait to get them started.

In other personal news, local readers were probably subjected to a rather puzzling and surprising exchange on a local group between myself and a former friend. THe former friend had obviously been saving up for quite some time, and did not "take it private" as myself and others asked. The misunderstanding referenced in all that crap was very very simple: The former friend thought I knew something I did not. And because I did not know, could not have helped with. There is nothing like a public outburst to show others your true colors :)

The biggest and bestest news I have saved for last:

Sully is in full training. He is now boarded over at one of our best barns, complete with heated indoor arena. He is being worked six days a week, with the aim of taking in a few training level dressage competitions this summer.

Yes, 17 year old halter horse, doing dressage!! Imagine that! He is *digging* it though, and I am thrilled with how far he has come in just a month. The rider has started a blog about this project, complete with photos and some video clips:

http://alaskaprojectpony.blogspot.com/

Today we hope to get more video and some stills. I am trying to stay out of the way, and listen and learn.....I am delighted that Shelby and I have the same basic theory about movement and how to get there and even happier that she is not rushing him into a false frame. Yesterday I watched him actively search for contact, pick it up, and carry through a couple of transistions! He is learning how to halt with contact too-a new concept for him as I did something completely different.

Anyway, you can read all about her progress and Sully's too, on the blog-happy reading!!

1 comment:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Still lots of drama huh? but sounds loike lots of positive changes coming too! Love the idea of starting plants ,maybe I will do it after all this year