Saturday, February 28, 2009

March-In like a lion, out like a lamb?


Or maybe I should paraphrase a very famous literary line....."The winter of our discontent"

Which ever one seems appropriate to your mood works for me. This morning, I have seven and a half inches of snow on the ground, and it is still snowing fairly hard. I've checked the NWS radar and the storm that is providing us this snow, has been stationary for at least four hours now. It does not show any hints of moving along, either. The forecast was updated at 7 am, when I already had over six inches, to say another two to four inches are to be expected. Hmm, that adds up to maybe ten inches.

Immediately, a past spring time storm comes to mind, where we got about 30 inches in just over 24 hours.....gosh I hope not! But March (even though it is not the new month yet) is typically a mix of a sunshine, peppered with snow storms. One year, we had 24 or 25 days of sun, but also got over a foot of snow-go figure. I would rather have the sun-and we are still forecast to have sun tomorrow. Clear skies mean the temperatures will drop too, darn it. Oh well, spring is not too far away now!

I am happy to report I have baby peppers peeking up from the flats on the starting rack. Today, we must dig out the tall saw horses so that I will have them available when it's time to move them under better light. Next up, cabbage and brussel sprouts!

No comments: