Thursday, June 4, 2009

Horse Haiku


Lifted from another forum, originally on one of my favorites: Chronicle of the Horse

Your wallet is fat,
My training is going well,
It’s injury time!

Inspired today:
Trot, buck, trot, buck, trot, buck, trot
Canter, cow hop, halt.

Horse Trailer Ready.
Lions and Tigers and Bears.
You in a hurry?

Big puddle ahead,
Except when late for lesson,
I must go around.

Dogs flee before me
Carnivorous, but so small
Help! Here comes one now!

You cringe in horror,
“Gesundheit” appropriate.
White shirt looks good now.

Cosmos in my hoof
Cemented dirt, small logs and
Ground in smelly poop.

One hour ‘til sunset
You come to catch me to ride.
I give you the hoof.

Memo to myself:
Next ride develop new fears
Like dogs, cars and trees.

You brush out my tail
I have a present to give,
A fart, just for you

Do you really think
That I can’t see the halter?
Ohhh, look! Apples!!!

Evening barn routine,
Nice, clean stall with deep bedding.
Too bad. Watch me run!

You think me locked in?
The grass is always greener,
My lips are so cool.

Feed bucket empty.
Universe must hate horses.
My poop fills the void.

Gore-Tex, thinsulate,
A warm, waterproof blanket
For me to stomp on.

“Mystery lameness”
Words I like to make you say
Before the big show.

My head rests on yours,
My eyes close with contentment,
Why you on the floor?

My pasture mate shows.
Before the big championships,
I must eat his tail.

Coming towards my mouth
Is an Ivermectrum Tube
Spew, spew, spew, spew, spew!

Fire and spirit
One half ton of strength, force, might.
Plastic Bag! Hold Me!

Too much time in stall
,Free now, I run with tail flagged,
Jet propelled by gas.

I love you so much.
I am here to make you glad.
Where are the carrots?

On uneven ground,
I gaze at the horizon.
Oh, is that your foot?

Enjoy and share!