Friday, July 17, 2009

The garden at midsummer



The greenhouse-wow, look at that corn!!







Zucchini plants-lots of baby squashes and blooms in there somewhere :)





Lots of weeds, but everything has just exploded over the past three weeks!











Very happy cabbages!


It's been a superior summer for most of us who garden here. Three full weeks of nonstop sun are just the ticket for our fabled Alaskan vegetables :) No, I don't have anything growing that will warrant entry into the State Fair this year, but that's okay-I have already harvested some of the broccoli, there are zucchini ready to pick, and I have buds on the green beans. In the greenhouse I have been eating lettuce for weeks now, my tomato plants (admittedly small!) are loaded with green fruits and the peppers too. The corn is tasseled and I have ears fully silked as well, and my kid is bugging me already about when we can pick it ;)






(Edited to note: I have no idea why this entry is so long, I cannot seem to figure out how to trim this entry, sorry!)

(2nd edit: Thanks for the tip!)

1 comment:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

The veggies look great !
(If you go into edit post ,take your curser to the bottom and backspace or delete the extra space)