Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Palin Speech

Wow! What a speech!

I was glad to see someone take a good swipe at the media's biases, Obama's lack of experience, and so forth.

Mostly I am just stunned at the fallout following. Listening to the national talking heads stumble (Brokaw, Williams, etc) as they could not figure out how to respond to the speech, and were obviously stunned by their own responses. I am pretty sure they had their jaws dropped-as did a lot of people-myself included.

I knew her as an effective speaker, and this was a perfectly delivered gauntlet tossed at the feet of the Democratic's darling chosen one. Does he have the guts to pick up the challenge? No one knows yet.

If nothing else, she has energized and caused great debate across the nation. This is a VERY good thing. I think McCain took a huge chance on his choice, but I have no doubts she is up to the challenges to come-including those of the office of the Vice President.

As an Alaskan I am proud of the points she made, as we often feel like most of America views us as a forgotten nation park that should be locked up forever.

As a woman, I am proud that this hostoric event is happening in my lifetime.

The days to come will be her baptism in the fire of media scrutiny. She's tough enough to handle it, don't you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought she did a wonderful job!
I can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

Baptism by fire is for sure.
Although, I thought when she became governor AK that the wolves (good ole boys) would just devour her....but no!
There always seems to be a path being cleared before her.
Watch out!