Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Careful what you wish for!


Ah yes, the cold which has strangled us for nearly three weeks has moved along. My apologies to folks living anywhere south east of Alaska-sorry about that!

So it was really nice to take the blankets off, and find everyone in tip top shape. In fact, Reba has regained some of what I very carefully took off-so she gets put back on a diet. I had no idea I would end up owning an air fern, seriously!

The barn got tidied up, and straightened up. The chickens are very happy to be back out where they have a little room to be.....well, chickens. The mood of the horses has improved, which is nice to see. I managed to get a little more hay home, and that's always good too.

I was thrilled to see a forecast that showed temps into the 20s for the coming week, since that means it will be much more comfortable getting the rest of the hay off the van. This morning it was 14 degrees above zero when I fed, and it darn near felt like Tshirt weather, lol!

So it's been windy, fairly strong, for most of the day here on the PeeDub. Temps have been somewhere in the mid 20s. I hadn't given it much thought until my hub called, and said "it's snowing real hard at home". Snow? Hunh? Nothing here....so 4 pm rolls around and I check the National Weather Service forecast.

Calling for RAIN the next four days!!

Aiyiyiyi! Enough already!

5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

YupI would prefer the snow .Rain makes such a huge mess this time of year. Stay warm and Safe!

Unknown said...

Hey! I didn't wish for rain!

I figured this would happen, seems warm up to rain follows a cold sub zero snap.
I wonder what the horses think when the temps swing sixty or seventy degrees at a time.

Right now I have snow, but I too heard the rumor of r-a-i-n.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

BTW you have an award at my place!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

BTW you have an award at my place!

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Yeah, we're getting it now here in WI, though not as bad. -4 this morning with a lite breeze. Not horrible, but not BBQ weather either.