Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Incredibly bad weather so far......

It was just a week ago that we had temperatures into the lower 40s. This caused a huge amount of accidents and mishaps because there was literally standing water on top of ice just about everywhere.

Then it turned off cooler and traction improved...always a good thing. And then today we have another big wind storm. Winds are forecast to reach gusts of 75, and I have a hunch we've already exceeded that here at work. I can hear gravel and dust hitting the east wall and the one window is dancing in its frame as usual. This wind is more easterly so I am not hearing the rebar bracing in the shop making aracket at least. But I am sitting here in my office listening the howling and wondering what all is being damaged outside. I have at least a dumpster's worth of trash caught up on the fenceline to the east....and more inside, carried by the very strong winds.

Last night things were in a bit of a shambles in the barn, so some re-arranging was done to keep things inside where they belong. (And yes, that includes the hay being fed too) I did manage to get a new round bale safely unloaded with a good friends' help-without her expertise it would have stayed on the truck, lol Everyone was okay this morning but as always, I worry.

Even the dogs don't want to go outside, and who can blame them? Supposedly a contractor is needing an item today, I told him I would not open the gates unless I had help. I have a hunch its blowing too hard for them to work safely and it will wait a couple of days-just like the load of tanks that's waiting for me in town.

On the sunny side of things, I got my seeds! Yippee, yahoo, and I can't wait to get something planted at home!

No comments: