Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh my!

In order to get my new website up and running, I needed to prepare a list of the vegetable varieties I'll be growing this year. To that end, I began the project yesterday afternoon, and continued with it this morning.

For each variety I decided to include a little text about the plant, so that folks will know what to expect and maybe a personal comment or two. I was working my way down the list and then realized how many pages I had generated. Idly, I counted up the varieties, and found over 70!! That's right, over 70 varieties to start this year alone!

Gadzooks, how did that happen?

It includes some flowers, such as lobelia, nasturtiums, alyssum and etc that I am starting for either my own use, or resale. But oh my gosh! That is a very scary number. Each variety is going to have multiple flats too, haha!

Here is what I can remember:

Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages. Zucchini and patty pan squashes. A bunch of different pumpkins. Peppers, tomatoes, lettuces. Swiss chard, dill, and celery. Cucumbers, sweet and miniature corn, brussel sprouts. A fun miniature cucumber, perfect for making sweet gherkins. Not the entire list, but you get the idea.

When I am on here whining about having no space and thoroughly exhausted from planting, tending, watering, shuffling flats, and turn them-you'll know why, lol

No comments: