Monday, October 27, 2008

No pictures :(


This time, it had nothing to whatever with technical difficulties-nope, I completely forgot!

Saturday we did a Costco run and it was fairly dark and cloudy when we got home. Sunday, was a beautiful day but I ended up spending the day in the kitchen, processing more vegetables. Sigh.

Since it was a brisk 7 degrees this morning and we are supposed to be sunny all day today, I will hope to get some photos this evening when I get home from work. It was reassuring to see that the stock tank heaters are working perfectly-and that the chicken water was steaming too. Still getting eggs, and two of the hens are using the boxes (yay!) and the other has made herself a very deep nest in a large pile of hay I have in there for them. She can't fit in the boxes because her tail feathers are way too long-something I did not think about when I got them (they are Yokohama's) but they seem to be just fine.

On Saturday evening I saw a post on CL about a free mare that needed special care (stall, nursing) and I stepped forward to offer my help. After a few hours of investigation, I discovered that the mare was to be euthanized that night. In hindsight, that was the best outcome, but it sure leaves a bitter taste in my mouth-about the entire situation. Too miserable a story to go into detail here, but suffice to say, some people are not humane enough to own horses :(

No comments: