Friday, May 22, 2009

Second, a rave!


Just a shout out for a local business......Husky Electric, here in little ol' Wasilla. The greenhouse size presented a challenge for me. The builder generally puts in a single 16 inch fan, included in the price. However, given the 16x28 dimension, the cubic area was much larger than the single fan could move-by a lot. I found an online calculator for the amount of cfm I would need, and with that information, began the search for fans.

I first stopped at the largest greenhouse supply place we had-and promptly fell over in sticker shock. $645 for one 24 inch fan! Yikes! My hub suggested Husky Electric and we found one 16 inch fan in stock, yay! Got the price on the 24 inch, $332. Well I thought for sure I could beat that price on line somewhere but to my surprise it can't be done-not with shipping. So back I went to Husky Electric, and inside ten days, I had all three fans. They were great about keeping me informed about the order when I checked on it, and their employees are friendly and helpful. They don't often sell items for greenhouses there, and were pleased to assist me.

I think I will bring them a picture of it when it's all planted up and the fans installed, and you can be sure we will go right to them for our wire, conduit, thermostats and whatever else we need to get them wired up and working. And should I be blessed with an aboundance of produce this summer, I will definitely make sure to bring them tomatoes, or cucumbers, or peppers, or maybe even some corn :)

Great service, good prices, it pays to shop local!

No comments: