Wednesday, April 15, 2009

America's Tea Party Day

I am hearing some amazing reports on the radio about attendance at tea parties around the nation. The thought makes me smile. I have many online acquaintances across the US, and most are stuck at work, just like I am-but they are very supportive.

Locally, I heard there were at least 500 people at the gathering in downtown Anchorage. Out here in the Valley, there was no place to park! I drove by the spot on the lake, and there were easily 100 people there. I might have stopped for it, but with no parking....well, I honked my horn in support instead :)

I could get into a long diatribe about the Omnibus Spending Bill and what it means for our future, but I will leave that to the more eloquent. I just know that I feel genuinely sorry for my young son, whose tax burden will dog him his entire working life.

Anyhow, if you can't attend a tea party, please honk in support as you drive by!

Edited to add-the turn out in Wasilla is at least 500 (no wonder I could not park!) and The Alaska Standard has someone there with live blog posts: http://www.thealaskastandard.com/?q=blog/834

Wow!! I wonder what Super Dave will have to say about that :)

No comments: